Certified Organic

What makes Miessence Certified Organics different to other ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ products on the market?

Most products labeled ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ contain some certified organic ingredients but they also contain harmful chemicals such as suttocide and SLS.

So unlike other brands, Miessence Certified Organic products are certified as a whole product, not just individual ingredients.

Miessence certified organics

Miessence Certified Organic products fall under 3 categories:

1. Certified Organic

These products contain at least 95% organically produced agricultural ingredients (excluding water and salt). The remaining ingredients (up to 5%) can be non-agricultural substances or non-organically produced agricultural ingredients, with strict processing criteria (eg: absolutely no GMOs or synthetics chemicals). These products bear the Australian Certified Organic logo and may also display the IFOAM and USDA logos if issued.

2. Registered Product

These products contain more than 5% mineral-based ingredients that are non-agricultural and therefore not certifiable ingredients under organic agricultural standards. (eg: clay, bicarb soda, minerals). All of the ingredients in these products comply with the strict processing criteria for organic products (eg: absolutely no GMOs or synthetics chemicals).These products bear the BFA Registered Product logo.

3. More than 70% Organic Ingredients

The two shampoos, the body wash, and the hair conditioner, each contain one single ingredient that is not allowed in organic foods, which therefore prevents these 4 products from being certified. The foaming products contain “coco polyglucose”, a foaming agent made from coconut oil and glucose, and the hair conditioner contains “sorbitan olivate”, and emulsifier made from olive oil.

Incoming search terms:

  • miessence logo
  • organic logo
  • organic food logos
  • organic logos
  • organic food logo

{ 3 trackbacks }

Miessence Certified Organics | Miessence Certified Organics
August 21, 2008 at 3:39 am
Are You Using Organic Baby Products? | pregnancy |
September 24, 2008 at 5:30 am
Parenting Strategies, Secrets and Skills » Blog Archive » The Reasons To Use Organic Baby Products
September 24, 2008 at 11:01 pm

{ 0 comments… add one now }